Giving Back



After spending a wonderful Christmas with family and friends, I decided it would be a great time to clear out my closet and make a (long due) donation trip. I filled my little car's trunk entirely with bags of clothing, hats, shoes and handbags...6 bags total, and dropped them off at a charity. It's a great feeling to give back! If possible, I try to make a wardrobe donation at least once a year.

If you're interested in cleaning out the closet, here are my three basic "go to" guidelines/questions to ask yourself when determining what to donate:


  1. How many times have you worn a particular item in the past year? If the answer is 0-2, let the piece go. Unless it holds significant sentimental value or is a seasonal item (like a floor length wool coat or bathing suit), the chances of it being missed down the road is highly unlikely.
  2. Does it fit? You may think "yes" at first...but try it on before deciding. Does it fit WELL? Is it flattering on your body? Be honest with yourself. If it's a size too small, don't use the "I plan on losing weight in the next few months" excuse. Especially if you've used it several times already.
  3. Is the item in decent condition? Try not to donate anything too worn. A sweater with pills is still an acceptable donation in my book, but if the sweater also has mystery stains (ew) and holes... pass. You want to give someone something that still serves it's purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I try to make sure that I go through my closet at least twice a year, once in the summer and again in the winter. Out with the old and in with new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it feel great to start fresh each season? It's a good thing to get in the habit of for sure!

      Delete

 

SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES

Choies-The latest street fashion

CONNECT

Follow on Bloglovin
IFB
Part of the next blogger network

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

Designer, seamstress, crafter, vegetarian, thrifter, model, and now…blogger.


It all started with me sewing at an early age, making doll clothing and the basic pillow-type things like most beginners. Soon enough, my hobby exploded into intricate Halloween costume projects, handmade clothing articles and accessories that I added to my day to day ensemble. At age 18, I decided to pursue fashion as a career, and went to college to obtain a degree in fashion/theatrical costume design.


I was lucky enough to start working in the fashion and costuming industry straight out of school…and here I am today, perpetually striving towards making my dreams a reality.